Immigration Attorney, Woburn

Fiancé of U.S. Citizen

A U.S. citizen may petition for their foreign national fiancé to obtain a K-1 nonimmigrant visa ("fiancé visa") in order to travel to the United States to get married. U.S. immigration law requires that the U.S. citizen and their fiancé meet each other, in personat least once within the 2-year period before filing for the K-1 visa.


Additionally, the marriage between the U.S. citizen and foreign national fiancé must be concluded within ninety (90) days of the fiancé's entry into the United States.

Once married, the foreign national spouse may apply for a green card as the spouse of a U.S. citizen.


If You Have Questions About Bringing Your Fiancé to the United States, Call Today!

Would you like to bring your fiancé to the United States to apply for a green card? Contact a Fiancé Visa Lawyer in Woburn, MA. Lally Immigration Services, LLC is located in Woburn, Massachusetts and offers free consultations.