Immigration Lawyer, Woburn

Spouse of U.S. Citizen

A U.S. citizen may file an immediate relative petition on behalf of their foreign national spouse. If the foreign national spouse is in the United States through lawful admission or parole, the spouse may concurrently apply for a marriage-based green card. If the spouse is outside of the United States, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services ("USCIS") will send the approved immigrant visa petition to the designated consulate or embassy in the foreign spouse's home country so that the spouse of the U.S. citizen may complete what is known as "consular processing."


Marriage to a U.S. citizen results in "conditional resident" status if the marriage is less than two (2) years old at the time the foreign national receives their green card. A petition to remove the conditions on residence (Form I-751) must be filed within ninety (90) days of the second anniversary of the foreign national being granted conditional resident status.


Lally Immigration Services, LLC prepares marriage-based green card applications as well as petitions to remove conditions on residence.  


We have in-depth knowledge of the Visa Waiver Program and whether individuals who entered the U.S. via the Electronic System for Travel Authorization ("ESTA") are eligible to apply for a green card.


Speak with a Marriage Immigration Attorney in Woburn, MA

If you are a U.S. citizen who would like to file a green card application on behalf your spouse, call a Marriage Immigration Lawyer in Woburn, MA. Lally Immigration Services, LLC is located in Woburn, Massachusetts and offers free consultations.